The Quest Atlantis team is committed to bringing together the power of videogames, academics, and participation in socially-meaningful activities. Participation in this game is designed to enhance the lives of children while helping them grow into knowledgeable, responsible, and empathetic adults. The QA project will foster an awareness of seven critical dimensions in order to actualize them in the lives of children:
Creative Expression – "I Create"
Diversity Affirmation – "Everyone Matters"
Personal Agency – "I Have Voice"
Social Responsibility – "We Can Make a Difference"
Online Teacher Professional Development Support Materials
Teacher's Professional Development Plan
Cheryl Hill, (Specialist Technology Teacher, Lindfield East Public School, Sydney, Australia) shares her tips from : TOP TIPS for implementing Quest Atlantis.
1. Ensure that QA is working properly and that your class is set up. Technical difficulties turns kids off very quickly.
2. Model to the students how to navigate in the world, reviewing compass directions if necessary.
3. Allow plenty of time to get the class logged on for the first time.
4. If available have a couple of students who are familiar with QA to act as peer tutors - they love this!
5. Assign a couple of easy quests for fast finishers to do while the slower students complete their introductory mission.
6. Try to assign easy and fun quests at the beginning so students can really enjoy the experience of exploring QA.
7. Only after doing all this try to attempt doing a mission or unit as a class.
8. Keep a bank of quest reponses in a separate word document that you can copy and paste while reviewing. This saves writing responses from scratch for every review.
Have fun and learn with your class!
For further support and information go to my Quest Atlantis Livebinder.